Fr. Dimitrios Gianniou was ordained into Priesthood by Metropolitan Sotirios on September 11, 1984. He received his Offikion of Economos in 1990 and his Offikion of Protopresbyter in May 2016.
Father has served many communities across Canada, including the Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Church in Thunder Bay (1984-1989), Panagia Greek Orthodox Church in Hamilton (1989-1991), Holy Cross Greek Orthodox Church in Laval, QC (1991-1997), St. Demetrios Greek Orthodox Church in Winnipeg (1997-2008). and St. Demetrios Greek Orthodox Church in Hamilton (2008-present).
Offikion of Protopresbyter by His Eminence Metropolitan Sotirios May 31, 2016.
- Fr. Dimitrios graduated from the Rizarios Ecclesiastical Academy of Athens.
- He then earned his university degree from the School of Social Work at the University of Athens.
- Attended the Athens Conservatory (Odeion Athinon – School of Music) for four years.
- Worked as a social worker for the Church of Greece (2 years)
- Came to Canada in 1984 and was ordained by Metropolitan Sotirios at St. George Cathedral in Montreal.
Father is a teacher of Byzantine music and taught at the Metropolis’ Theological Academy in Toronto for seven years (2008-2015). He has also taught Byzantine music in the Communities he has served across Canada (Holy Trinity in Thunder Bay, Panagia in Hamilton, Holy Cross in Laval, St. Demetrios in Winnipeg and St. Demetrios in Hamilton)